Why is Proper Skincare so Important?
Many of you may not know this but your skin is actually your body’s largest organ and the largest barrier that we have against infection! Believe it or not, when skin becomes dry or cracked, you actually are more prone to infection. So why not take care of skin with proper skincare? Here are a few steps to how you can do so:
- keep your skin properly hydrated. Get a HydraFacial treatment. This treatment will drastically improve hydration while reducing fine lines, hyper-pigmentation, congestion, and oil.
- Drink lots of water! But how much? To figure out how much water you should drink daily, multiply your weight by 2/3 (or 67%). For example, if you weigh 130 pounds, you should drink 87 ounces of water every day. Make sure to increase this amount if you are regularly exercising.
- Protect your skin against the sun. The sun has very harmful sun rays that can dramatically affect and age your skin. Consider using a moisturizer that contains SPF.
- Wear makeup with care. If you wear makeup every day, avoid wearing it now and then to give your skin a break. Always clean your makeup off before going to bed to keep your skin healthy and clean.
- Use caution when taking hot showers or baths. Hot water can actually strip good oils from your skin, leaving your skin very dry.
- Eat healthy food. A few healthy foods you could consider incorporating into your diet are Avocados, which help keep your skin hydrated. Carrots, which help improve complexion. Kiwi and pumpkins, which help keep your skin soft. Tomatoes, which help protect your skin against sun damage.
For more information on treatments and ways to keep your skin healthy, please contact us!